The displays along the Rock Hawk Trails are for educational, non-commercial purposes and serve as an outdoor classroom. The sign images serve as illustrations for the critical commentary on history, geology and wildlife of the area and are not associated with any potential market. Credits for images are shown on each sign except for the wildlife photos, where credits are shown at the beginning of the Trail head path to the Effigy next to the wildlife signs.
The organizations below contributed to one or more of the following for the displays: research, design, images, critical commentary, editing and administration.
- Georgia College & State University, History, Geology and Philosophy Dept.
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources- Wildlife Division
- Georgia Perimeter College
- Georgia Power
- Company Hargrett Rare Book & Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries
- Historic Piedmont Scenic Byway Corp.
- Lockerly Arboretum
- Master Gardeners Putnam County Board of Commissioners & Board of Education
- Southeastern Archaeological Services, Inc.
- University of Georgia, Dept. of Geology
- University of Georgia 4-H